Will Torrent’s Beetroot & Chocolate Cake
Will Torrent says:
“Chocolate goes really well with beetroot, chilli and mint. Luckily, G’NOSH’s Beetroot & Mint gourmet dip includes these three ingredients, which make it easy for me to add to my favourite chocolate cake recipe!”
“The deep purple ganache is full of intense flavour thanks to the delicious beetroot juice. I’m sure in moderation; this could probably be a healthy chocolate cake too!”
For the cake
75g cocoa powder
180g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
250g golden caster sugar
250g G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip
3 free-range eggs
100ml olive oil
100ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the ganache
100ml beetroot juice
10ml olive oil
100g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
• Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F
• Sieve the cocoa powder, self-raising flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the caster sugar
• In a separate bowl, whisk the G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip, free-range eggs, oils and vanilla extract until it comes together.
• Add the beetroot mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix together and then pour this in to a pre-lined 8” cake tin or 12 individual cupcake cases or domes.
• Bake for 30 minutes or until it is springy to the touch. The smaller cakes will take less time.
• For the ganache: place the beetroot juice and the olive oil into a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
• Once boiled, pour over the chocolate and mix together. You could use a hand blender to do this to emulsify the ganache.
• When the cake is cooked and cooled, pour over the beetroot ganache before serving