Here at G’NOSH we pride ourselves on innovation and keeping ahead of foodie trends, so we jumped at the chance of being included within a Hello Fresh delivery box. In case you don’t already know, Hello Fresh is a revolutionary grocery and recipe delivery service that like G’NOSH, helps make good quality, gourmet food convenient.
Hello Fresh supplies customers with weekly step-by-step recipe cards and all of the ingredients needed to create each dish measured out exactly depending on how many people the meal plan is for and whether it’s for one of their three or five night plans. Hello Fresh combines convenient meals with the experience of cooking with top-quality fresh ingredients, and this week that included our very own pot of G’NOSH!
Hello Fresh Head Chef, Patrick Drake, has put together this fantastic recipe, using the Tomato & Basil Chunky dip.
The recipe is for The Earl of (Chicken) Sandwich and there is a little history about the inspiration for this dish and really easy step-by-step instructions too.
Go on…try it at home!
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Ciabbata Rolls
A Dollop of G’nosh Dip
1 Gem Lettuce
60g Cherry Tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic
A Couple of Sprigs of Rosemary
• Pre-heat your grill to high. Coarsely chop the baby gem lettuce and cut the tomatoes in half. Peel and finely dice one and a half cloves of garlic (we’ll use the leftover half later) and remove the rosemary leaves from the stalks
• Place your hand flat on each chicken breast and slice through its side, to open it up like a book. You’ve just ‘butterflied’ your chicken
• Coat each chicken breast in half a teaspoon of olive oil, the diced garlic, rosemary leaves, a bit of lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. Lastly, season them well with salt and pepper before grilling them for about 6 minutes on each side
• To make the dressing simply mix a teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and and a pinch of salt and pepper
• Once the chicken is cooked cut the ciabatta in half and grill each side until it’s nicely toasted. Rub the little chunk of garlic you have left across the surface of the bread and then top this with a healthy spoonful of your G’NOSH CHUNKY Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Dip
• Top the ciabatta with your grilled chicken and set up a deck-chair in any available piece of outdoor space you can find
Comments Off on G’NOSH Earl of (Chicken) Sandwich Recipe with Hello Fresh
There is nothing better than updating and re-interpreting an old classic dish to ensure that nostalgic meals that hark back to our childhood can still be enjoyed but with a modern twist.
As recent media coverage highlights Brits particularly love their pies and pastries and here are three tips on incorporating a contemporary feel to an old-time classic:
1) Be creative and try a bitter chocolate and venison pie, make your guests want more with this oozing treat
2) Swap traditional English pickled onions or chutneys to G’NOSH Muhumarra Spicy Red Pepper Dip, a great way to spice up a home-made dish
3) Try using some of your artistic skills in the kitchen and create a Heart shaped pie to produce the ultimate wow factor for guests
Shepherd’s Pie is a great example of a typically popular family meal that everyone has their own variation of and here are three new twists to make sure this family staple never gets boring:
1) Update your plain spuds with some freshly grated horseradish or some smoked paprika to add some fire to the dish
2) Switch your traditional meat or lamb filling for some boneless spiral ham with honey gaze for a different flavour dimension
3) Why not combine your potatoes with sweet potatoes or even butternut squash to create a sweeter flavour that is particularly good for getting the younger ones eating vegetables
If you have a classic dish that you’ve given a modern makeover then don’t forget to share with us on our Facebook or Twitter page:
Sometimes there is no better way to enjoy G’NOSH dips than just as a simple dip – but this doesn’t mean what you dip into them has to be boring!
Here is an idea to jazz up some crudités with a delicious tempura batter to add more flavour and texture – great for parties, gatherings or just to enjoy at home with your nearest and dearest.
Tempura Battered Crudités
1 and ¼ cup of flour
1 cup of beer or a light ale
1 free-range egg, beaten
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Vegetables of your choice – this can include sliced sweet peppers, courgette or carrot sticks
1)Heat oil in a large saucepan on a high/medium heat
2)In the meantime, whisk all of the batter ingredients until it resembles pancake mixture
3)Prepare your vegetable of choice by cutting them down to batons and trimming any stalks
4)Immerse the vegetables into the batter, then using tongs very carefully lover each crudité into the hot oil
5)Fry for four minutes or until golden brown and remove and place onto some kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil then serve with your favourite G’NOSH dips