Alfresco Made Easy
Finally the weather is starting to improve and with the school holidays about to begin it’s time to dig out your trusty hamper and blanket and prepare for some picnic fun with your friends and family.
Here is my definitive picnic guide which you’ll see has a few traditions with the odd modern twist to ensure an up-to-date and enjoyable afternoon with your loved ones:
- Bring a selection of decadent and moreish sandwiches. I love smoked salmon with cream cheese, a squeeze of lemon and a sprig of fresh dill. Roast beef and rocket with G’NOSH Beetroot and Mint Dip or classic cucumber sandwiches are also popular
- Prepare some stylish blinis to add an air of sophistication to your picnic. Top each with a teaspoon of G’NOSH Muhumarra Spicy Red Pepper Dip and cubes of feta cheese (these also make a great canapé for parties)
- Pay homage to your childhood with retro cocktail sausages, mini sausage rolls and home-made Scotch eggs
- Bring a deluxe salad of halloumi, tomato and lettuce leaves and liven up by serving with a complementary dressing of G’NOSH Babaghanoush Dip
- Sweet treats are a must so include some mini flapjacks, individual apple pies, iced buns and yum yums – for an Antipodean treat, lamingtons are a must
- Make the most of seasonal strawberries and serve with some fresh cream and meringue pieces
- Wash down the picnic fare with some fresh orange juice or home-made lemonade and for the adults why not splash out and enjoy the outdoor dining experience with a glass of fizz
The final decision is where to enjoy your picnic. In London my favourite two spots are Hampstead Health and Fulham Palace Gardens but please do share with us your favourite spots on Facebook and Twitter and tell us about your favourite picnic memories too.