This risotto is incredibly vivid in colour, delicious in flavour and made easy using G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip.
The combination of colour and flavours make this risotto a stand out success and perfect for special occasions. Serves 4-6 person.
500g fresh whole beetroot (4 large whole beets)
G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip (www.gnosh.co.uk)
2 tbsp olive oil
Knob of butter
1 large onion , finely chopped
1 garlic clove , finely chopped
500g risotto rice
250ml white wine
600ml hot vegetable stock (add more or less as you stir)
Handful grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
4 tbsp soured cream (or use cream freche)
Handful chopped flat parsley
1. Peel and dice the whole fresh beets into quarter wedges. Roast on 175 deg for 20minutes until soft when poke knife through. When beets are cooked dice into small 1cm cubes. Use kitchen gloves if you do not want to get your hands stained.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until softened. Add in the risotto rice and stir until well coated and avoid rice sticking to pot.
3. Pour over the vermouth and cook, stirring, until almost fully absorbed. Add a ladleful of the stock to the rice and stir until almost fully absorbed.
4. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, until the rice is tender and creamy. You may not need all of the stock.
5. Stir through a tub of G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip. This gives a further depth in colour, richness in flavor and a kick.
6. Remove from the heat and mix in the grated Parmesan, gently stirring to mix.
Serve on a white plate. Add dollop of sour cream or cream freche on the top with cracked pepper.
You may want to sprinkle some more Parmesan or even crumble some goats cheese on top.
Tutto bellissimo !